Vision Health Specialties ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Patients who have NOT been vaccinated are required to wear a mask ALL the time in our office.
- All patients are required to wear a mask during close activities such as: inpatient examination rooms, pre-testing rooms, when learning insertion and removal of contact lenses, and when performing eyeglass measurements.
- Vaccinated patients may remove mask in open areas such as the waiting room or optical.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves(doctors and techs only), masks and face-shields
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask during close activities such as: inpatient examination rooms, pre-testing rooms; when teaching insertion and removal of contact lenses, and when performing eyeglass measurements.
- Staff who have NOT been vaccinated are required to wear a mask ALL the time in our office.
- When patients are being scheduled for office visits, they need to be informed of our protocols and informed to bring a mask even though they will not need to wear it all the time they are here.
- Vaccinated staff will be allowed to eat in the breakroom.